A warm welcome to our Laraway and Oak Valley families from the Transportation Department.
Some helpful safety reminders:
- PLEASE do not send all of your child(ren)s school supplies on the first day of school, as there is no room on the buses. Send a little each day, so they can hold the bag on their lap.
- If you request a change to the bus stop after school begins, I will need a letter stating the change, signed by you and a WORKING PHONE NUMBER where you can be reached. The change will be made within three (3) business days.
- PLEASE HAVE YOUR CHILD READY EARLY TO BE WAITING AT THE BUS STOP FIVE TO TEN MINUTES BEFORE THE ASSIGNED SCHEDULED BUS TIME.
- If your child will be picked up or dropped off at a sitter’s home, I will need the name and phone number of the sitter in case of an emergency or a change in bus schedules. If your child goes to Oak Valley and is in the Early Childhood Program, Kindergarten or First grade, you will need to fill out the “Parental Desinee” form, which gives permission to those who may get your child off the bus, at the bus stop or Oak Valley School. These “designees” may be required to show their I.D. if they aren’t recognized by the bus driver.
- Please read WITH your student(s) the attached bus rules. Explain the importance of following these for their safety. Remind them to sit forward, listen to the bus driver and bus monitor, stay out of the aisle and talk quietly. They will have an assigned bus seat by the second week of school.
If you should need to reach me for any reason, please call either number mentioned above, and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I take my job very seriously and will guard your children as if they are my own to keep them safe. To love what you do and feel that it matters – how could anything be better?
Sherry Knight - Director of Transportation
275 W. Laraway Road
Joliet, IL 60436
Email - email@example.com
We serve each child for the purpose of helping reach his or her full potential as a life-long learner.
It is the business of learning that inspires us to teach.
Our ultimate goal is to positively contribute to the betterment of the communities in which WE live.